Sunday, August 4, 2013

DUNE FEST ROAD TRIP REPORT


This weekend I took a road trip up to Coos Bay Oregon to the Oregon Dunes for Dune Fest 2013.

Our main goal for riding up was to be there for the release of an amazing new OFF ROAD MACHINE. The Polaris RZR 1000, which is essentially a BAJA worthy race truck scaled down to fit on a trailer.

We were invited to take a ride along with some of Polaris's Pro drivers, who with all their experience were able to put these machines through their paces and give us the thrill ride of the century. Watch the video below to see the ride from my perspective and see what these machines can do. I have never had such a cool experience in an OFF ROAD ADVENTURE MACHINE! They even let me drive it for a while and I found that the new RZR was a life changing experience, this gives new meaning to taking the road less traveled, you can just make your own new road in these things. For any adventure seeker needing a way to make it through the thickest jungles or the dustiest desert this is one expedition vehicle that is up to the task. The suspension had so much travel that even when our machine got air going over jumps, the machine simply floated back to the earth like a feather. The stability in whoops and turns was phenomenal! I feel lucky to have had this experience. A big thanks to my friends at Polaris who made this possible.

My buddy and I finished up our road trip with a visit to the Coos Bay Fisherman's Wharf for some Clam Chowder and Crab melt sandwiches. I will definitely be headed back that way again, I really enjoyed the ambient at the Wharf and the food was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment