Monday, May 27, 2013

Mamma dove!

This morning I was playing my guitar in the front courtyard thoroughly enjoying my two year old daughters laughs and dancing giggles when I noticed a bird sitting there listening to my music. 

At first I was flattered thinking that my melodious voice and string tingling was sweet enough to tame a wild animal, I envisioned something out of dr. Doolittle or Snow White, and although doves don't sing I was hoping this one would make an exception and join in on my music...... 

Then I realized it was a mother who had laid her nest in my freshly bloomed roses. She was there because of her fearless drive to protect. Her eggs from any and all predators and or horrible singing guitar wielding prancing and dancing humans. 

I was impressed to think of my own mom and mothers everywhere who stand in the face of fear for their children. I pointed her out to my daughter and we sat there watching for a few minutes and then went back in side. I grabbed my camera and snapped a quick pic of her sitting there filling her calling as a mother and protector. 

Thank you to all you mothers out there especially mamma dove!

- Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment