Sunday, July 21, 2013

Do it while you still can! - DADDY DAUGHTER DATE!

Today's post today is going to be a short one, but I think the topic is an important point that anyone with family can appreciate.

This last week my travels took me down to LA where I have traveled many times, but what made this trip special is that I was able to let my little two year old daughter tag along with me. The idea was for her to go visit grandma in San Diego and I would get my work done and then spend Friday afternoon on a daddy daughter date.

I really enjoyed my trip, mostly because it was an opportunity to be alone with my little girl and to have her all to my self. In contrast to normal weeks where she might only see me 2 of the 7 days of the week while I travel. She and I spent time together almost every day last week while on the road, we went to Sea World in San Diego, we rode a bike around the boardwalk, we sang songs in the car and we bonded closer than we had been in the past.

The importance of this weekend did not hit me until we were driving home in the car from sea world and I  overheard my daughter repeat over and over - "I like STINKY BOYS" I like "STINKY BOYS" - I laughed at first but in the moments to follow my mind was ablaze with thought a quandary. This little two year old girl is going to change into a MONSTER of a teenager, and no matter how I try I can not stop time from eventually stealing her from me. I thought to myself how important it is to cherish the time we have with our kids, how important it is to make time count towards our memories.

I want this post to be dedicated the the memory of my little girl and this trip she took with her daddy - knowing full well that someday she will like stinky boys more than her good ole dad!

- Again, no amount of success in the workplace can compensate for failure in the home. For if you have failed at home you have failed eternally. - David O. McKay

Rules for dating my daughter -





Having some fun at Scheels on the way home.

We stopped to see the church where Daddy and Mommy were maried, she thought it was a castle and wanted to go inside.

Lorelai outside her princess castle
800 miles is a long drive to stay awake for.


I converted one of my old army bags into a diaper bag just for this trip, it worked great so I think my next business is going to be called DAD BAGZ!




The blue horizons show at Sea World


No comments:

Post a Comment