Sunday, July 7, 2013

Turn and Burn! - Chicago or BUST!

 I am now at home resting from the last weeks adventures in Utah, We got back this morning about 6 AM and I Fly out for Chicago tomorrow at 10 AM. So in this short layover at home I wanted to do some things that would help being home seem more meaningful.

So today I did the following:

Mow the Lawn, Fix a couple of things around the house, played trains with my daughter, watch a movie with my bride and give the dog a bath. Doing these things helped me to feel like a regular Joe again.

Now as I am ending my day its time to get ready for tomorrows trip to Chicago and do some research for what to do while I'm there and not working. Here are some of the activities I am hoping to achieve on my next adventure.

MY 5 Must do's are:


Take a picture at the top of the Sears Tower

Pizza Competition: Eat a dip dish pizza at Three different places and see which is best and why!

Visit the Shedd Aquarium houses the world's largest indoor aquarium offers more than 22,000 aquatic animals from around the world.

See some blues at Buddy Guys http://www.buddyguy.com/

Buy a Chicago Bulls T - Shirt

Discover something meaningfully unique about Chicago



Trip Report: UTAH

Mt. Timp
On my last adventure in Utah with my family we really enjoyed our stay and I feel like it was time well spent catching up and touching base with what really matters in life. We went hiking on top of Mt. Timpanogos, Saw museums and participated in a wonderful July 4th celebration. Among the most meaningful moments of the trip were seeing some Big Horned sheep on top of the mountain after an extremely arduous and dangerous assent to nearly 9000 feet. Most people have seen these animals in the zoo but seeing them up close in the wild is a bit more rare and exciting.

During our drive home across the Utah and Nevada deserts my wife got upset when the 4g On her phone went out from time to time and she didn't have internet reception. I chuckled out loud and thought how strange it is to be angry that we don't have internet in the middle of the largest desert in North America! A place so barren that plants cant survive, yet we did expect to be able to watch Net-flix.  I realized at that moment just how amazing modern technology is and how spoiled we are in these modern times.






Stadium of fire




Big horns up on the mountain
My Dad at the falls




at nearly 9000 feet


No comments:

Post a Comment