Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Mecca of my Obsession: Gullible's Destination - Harley Davidson Museum

Once in a while, amidst the course of my duties I am privileged to visit a place that really means something special to me. On my last trip to Chicago I quite on accident came across a place I had been wanting to visit for years - The Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee Wi.



To me motorcycles are more than a love or a hobby, they are an absolute obsession and a way of life. One of the companies that I started while in college (Long Ride Shields) in fact makes aftermarket products for helping motorcyclists enjoy their rides In my opinion there exist no more freedom than two tires on an open highway. So it should be no surprise to anyone who knows me to know how excited I must have been when some fellow bikers I met in a Bar told me that I was standing in the home town of the famous Harley Davidson Motorcycle Co.

Many times prior to this last trip I had considered taking a trip to the museum built on the original Harley Factory Land, and in fact visiting the museum has been on my bucket list for quite a while.  I was absolutely thrilled for the  to go inside and see some of the motorcycles that started it all.

I thuroghly enjoyed my visit and felt honored to walk amongst the machines inside.
I was able to see the oldest existing Harley Motorcycle worth over 35 million dollars - and to see the Archive collection of motorcycles ( each year since 1907 harley has kept 1 of each production year of their motorcycles and stored it in their archives).

If there was one take home lesson from this experience it is this ...... If I had decided to keep to myself or avoid conversations with the locals to ask what was worth seeing, I may have passed this opportunity like a ship in the night. Never be afraid to have a conversation!

The following pictures represent some of the highlights from the museum.
Right out in-front of the museum was a bike with one of my windshields on it, I was very proud to see it there. I left a note on the bike to thank the owner for his support. 
I have always wanted to be EVIL!

This is the oldest known Harley known to man - the 1903 Harley fully original. 



World war 1 Harley 




Awesome - the off road harley from WWII


THE WALL OF TANKS





No comments:

Post a Comment