Friday, June 14, 2013

Travel tip #14 - Enjoy coming home!

Lets face it, Traveling is wonderful! You can see the world and experience new life, you can see more and enhance your knowledge of the far reaching horizons.

BUT.........

The real reason for living is what exists at home. Our friends, families, spouses and loved ones are the reason we wake up each morning. Coming home to them can be just as fun and exciting as leaving for an adventure.

Often the drive to get home to your own bed, your spouse or even hobbies is enough drive to make ones sense of adventure dull enough that returning home is a greater drive than seeing the world.

One of my favorite songs, "Sitting on a dock on the the bay" has the following line which I think sums up my thoughts.

"So many Miles I've roamed, Just to call this place MY HOME!"

After getting home from my last trip to Nashville I thought about how much fun we had together, and how much more being with my wife on this trip made me miss the things about home that I often miss when traveling for work.

When we did get back home this week I took my employees out to dinner as a reward for their successes and diligence while I was away traveling. I am grateful for a crew who will keep the boat afloat while Im out of the office. We had a great time together, and "Tiny" one of our newest team members even impressed us all with his ability to eat an entire ice cream scoop of wasabi!

IM ENJOYING BEING HOME!

These hillbillies were playing on the streets of Nashville, I helped their knowledge fund!






Tiny taking his first big bite of WASABI


Tiny Enjoying the Wassabi, More than I have ever seen one man eat!




OH WOW THAT WAS HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment