Sunday, June 30, 2013

Travel tip #19: Find something .... Anything.... to be passionate about!

John Browning Museum in Ogden
I remember being a child and complaining on trips.... "I'm Bored" "This is stupid" - "Are we there yet?" ... and I suppose my reason for acting like a child was simply because of the fact that I was a snotty nosed kid. It seems like at the time all I was interested in was Ninja Turtles and wrestling with my brother.
But now that I have grown and eat my Wheaties each morning. I find that traveling is much more than getting what you want in life. Traveling and exploring have one underlining purpose..... TO LEARN!


If you are on business its to learn how to make more money for your operation, if you are on vacation it might be to learn to relax! Either way as an adult I have realized that traveling is all about education. In order to take full advantage of your travels I offer you a simple tip on how to maximize your learning and enjoyment on any stretch of road or travel. BE PASSIONATE ABOUT SOMETHING!

I will offer you an example, I am currently on a road trip with my dad, a week running around Utah and some other western states. My father has a passion for guns, and anything to do with those who make them. On this trip he has shown me so many new things I never knew about fire arms, and the history of guns.

On Friday we visited a museum in Ogden Utah which was dedicated to one of the most famous and influential gun inventors in the world, John Browning. I know not every one is as passionate about guns as I am or my father, but I was amazed at how much we learned and enjoyed a simple museum, an activity which filled our afternoon with conversation and discussion. I was amazed to learn that john browning and his sons are responsible for the design on almost all of the influential firearms from 1880 to 1980 including but not limited to the :  Winchester 30/30 (cowboy gun), the famous 1911, the first machine guns, the 50 cal we use in today's military on planes and trucks, the Browning high power, and many more.

The main point here is that because we were passionate about something, we were able to come and enjoy something we didn't even know was there before. We learned, we became involved and we LEARNED!

So it doesn't matter if you like Porcelain Unicorns, Sports memorabilia, or American history - Find something you love and seek a way to make it part of your travel. I promise you that it will enhance your trip and make your travel something to look forward to.



The progression of Browning High Power Pistols


My nephew is passionate about trains ( lots of 5 year old's are) We took him to see an awesome train museum in ogden at the Pacific Union Station


Cool Train Station


They also had an really spectacular model train collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment